The Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education will award $2,500 scholarships in the spring of 2021. Applicants must be committed to the pursuit of automotive-related studies, such as technician training, body shop/collision repair, diesel, new vehicle sales, parts sales, accounting, or business administration.
- Applications were due at IADA headquarters by 5 p.m. on March 1, 2021.
- Applicants must submit the following to be considered for a scholarship:
- Paragraph detailing their career goals and interest in pursuing an automotive career.
- Recommendation from a high school or college teacher, counselor, or co-worker.
- Unofficial transcript of high school or college grades.
- Copy of page 1 of the applicant’s Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications submitted without a SAR will not be eligible for the scholarships based in part on financial need.
- An optional statement of support or recommendation from an IADA member dealership is recommended, but not required.
Excluded from consideration are candidates whose parent is the designated dealer principal of a car or truck dealership. Preference will be given to applicants who plan to attend an Iowa college or university. Scholarships may be awarded, in part, on financial need. Prior scholarship recipients who have 2.5 GPA may re-apply.
Selection and Notification of Recipients
An applicant’s interest and commitment to the automotive industry will be measured by their enrollment in automotive studies (including related fields such as business, accounting, and marketing), being a current or prior employee of a dealership, or demonstrating a personal interest in automobiles.
Recipients will be selected in April 2021. Alternates may also be chosen. The IAD Foundation for Education will not discriminate against any applicant in any manner that violates any state or federal law.
Contact Executive Vice President Mary Cason at 515.440.7625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.