For Immediate Release
West Des Moines, Iowa — The Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education awarded $60,000 to 13 automotive programs at community colleges across Iowa as part of its ongoing efforts to support automotive education in the state of Iowa. The grants provide funds for equipment, tools and program development needed by each school.
- Des Moines Area Community College received $5,000 to purchase training equipment.
- Hawkeye Community College received $10,000 to purchase an on-car brake lathe.
- Iowa Central Community College received $4,130 to purchase service jacks and a scan tool.
- Iowa Lakes Community College received $3,200 to purchase a brake fluid exchanger and fuel injector cleaner tester.
- Iowa Valley Community College received $4,000 to purchase oscilloscopes.
- Kirkwood Community College received $6,000 to purchase mechanical trainers and an oscilloscope kit.
- North Iowa Area Community College received $6,100 to train instructors on hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Northeast Iowa Community College received $3,630 for a drive line simulator kit.
- Northwest Iowa Community College received $4,065 to purchase an ignition system strainer.
- Scott Community College received $4,500 to purchase a refrigerant analyzer.
- Southeastern Community College received $3,500 for ASE accreditation and an IMS subscription.
- Southwestern Community College received $3,760 to purchase a scan tool.
- Western Iowa Tech Community College received $2,115 to purchase hybrid electrical motors.
About the Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education
The Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education is a non-profit entity established in 1995 by the Iowa Automobile Dealers Association. The IAD Foundation’s mission is to support educational, research and charitable activities that positively impact the automotive industry. Since 1998, the Foundation has awarded more than 200 scholarships to students across Iowa. The Foundation launched its community college grant program in 2017 and has awarded more than $180,000 in grant money since the program’s inception.
The Iowa Automobile Dealers Association is a trade association representing more than 300 car and truck dealers in the state. The association was established in 1919.
Executive Vice President
Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation
Vice President of Public Affairs & Operations
Iowa Automobile Dealers Association